Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xchristineannx
Admin
xchristineannx

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane Empty
PostSubject: Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane   Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:46 am

QBE Riverfire fireworks

QBE Riverfire returns to the skies over Brisbane as the city unites to welcome Riverfestival 2008!

Featuring Brisbane’s biggest and most spectacular fireworks display, QBE Riverfire transforms our city into a massive celebration, as hundreds of thousands of people pack the banks of the Brisbane River and come together in backyards across the suburbs.

Eyes are riveted to the sky, while feet are tapping on the ground during the stunning choreographed fireworks display, set to the pumping QBE Riverfire 2008 soundtrack from Triple M 104.5FM and all captured live on Channel Seven’s special broadcast from 6.30pm. And then, the ultimate crowd pleaser as the RAAF F1-11* strike jets sweep low over the city before performing their ‘dump and burn’. (probably THE coolest thing Ive ever seen in my LIFE!!!)

Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane 7403-200827-Riverfire%20pic

The QBE Riverfire party sparks into action well before dark, with plenty to see for people arriving early to claim the best vantage points. The Australian Defence Force flies the flag high with a fantastic Open Day program at South Bank, including military aircraft, showcase drills and live music, before taking to the skies from 5pm with a dazzling display by the gravity-defying Roulettes*.

QBE Riverfire will proceed in wet weather and will only be cancelled in extreme conditions. For wet weather updates listen to Triple M 104.5FM.

Road closures will apply during this event.

*Availability of the Roulettes, F111s and ADF displays subject to operational requirements.

Date range Sat 30 August 2008 Show dates
Time 7pm - 7.30pm
Where South Bank Parklands, Little Stanley Street, South Bank
Other vantage points include Kangaroo Point Cliffs,
City Botanic Gardens, Riverside Centre, Eagle Street Pier,
Captain Burke Park, Wilsons Outlook
How Much [b]Free

Contact* Riverfestival * web www.riverfestival.com.au
Back to top Go down
https://dbc07.forumotion.net
Rachel AKA Board Bitch

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane   Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:09 am

oooooh! I cant wait! Ive been looking forward to this alll year!

Laughing lol! bounce cyclops drunken
Back to top Go down
xchristineannx
Admin
xchristineannx

PostSubject: Re: Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane   Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:22 am

hahaha totally me too we so have to meet up there........ oh wait, you were being SARCAAAAAAAAAAASTIC no wai! Hahahahaha Very Happy lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rachel AKA Board Bitch

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane   Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:38 am

me??? never!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed lol But it does look awesome and if i lived there id totally go! Smile
Back to top Go down
xchristineannx
Admin
xchristineannx

PostSubject: Re: Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane   Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:48 am

ahahahaha Very Happy

Well we're supposed to be going with my family but I havent heard from them yet and its almost 11am, from what I gathered, we were going to spend the whole day there and make a real day out of it.... bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane   Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riverfire Sat 30th August - Brisbane
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Topics :: Events & Reminders-
Jump to: